Hill & Hurtt Architects was founded on the premise of bringing exceptional custom residential design to every client, no matter the scale or budget of the project. Our portfolio includes work in a variety of scales and contexts, from apartments to rowhomes, to duplexes and detached residences, spanning contexts from urban to rural. Our work includes new construction, additions, restorations and renovations and has garnered awards from the Institute of Classical Art and Architecture and Remodeling Magazine, and has been featured in Fine Homebuilding, The Hill Rag, New Old House, and Home & Design Magazine.
We work closely with our clients and pride ourselves on bringing together a passion for design, an attention to detail, and the knowledge of the processes involved to see projects through to completion. Collaboration is a key component of the work and culture of Hill & Hurtt Architects. We value long-standing relationships with consultants and contractors and believe that this produces the most successful projects.
Hill & Hurtt Architects is looking for caring, energetic architects who are excited to practice residential architecture.
• Graduation from an accredited architecture program
• Experience in single family residential design preferred
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, graphic, and communication skills
• Currently eligible to work in the U.S.A.
Project Architects at Hill & Hurtt Architects will:
• Work closely with Senior Architects during each project phase, from schematic design through construction administration
• Assist Senior Architects in the development of plans, sections, elevation, details, and 3-D representations for client presentations, permit submission, pricing, and construction
• Coordinate with project consultants
• Attend client meetings and site meetings
• Assist with product specifications and selections
Our offices are located in Cleveland Park and we provide a collaborative studio environment, growth opportunities, and a competitive benefits package.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and work sample or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org