Interior Design Internship
The office of Planning+Design+Construction (PDC) oversees the development, design, and construction of renovations, new buildings, infrastructure, and landscape projects for the University of Cincinnati. UC operates the second-largest physical plant of any higher education institution in Ohio, with over 13,000,000 total gross square feet of total space that include academic and research, housing, food service, recreation, athletic, event, and administrative facilities that are distributed on one main, two regional, and several satellite campuses. PDC oversees projects at all these locations.
PDC is seeking an Interior Design student for Summer 2020 to assist its in-office interior design staff. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assembling graphic and other information necessary for the development, approval, and implementation of interiors projects.
- Field-verifying existing conditions, assisting with the preparation of schematic and conceptual plans and documents using University standards and provided guidance.
- Assisting staff with preparation of materials for distribution to and discussion with building users and occupants, accompanying staff to meetings, and preparation of post-meeting information and submissions.
- Additional duties might include assisting with the review, selection, and specification of interior finishes and furniture; preparing presentation materials; research on specific topics; and performing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Willing to work 40 hours per week is preferred. Applicants interested in part-time work of not less than 10 hours a week will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Previous work experience is preferred.
- Strong work ethic that includes a willingness to learn and to follow guidance, instructions, and department communication protocols provided by the staff.
- An ability speak and write clearly, to think critically and a desire to take initiative, and a professional demeanor are strongly preferred.