alt32 + Cox Architecture prides itself on having all of the attitude and power of a young start-up supported by the legacy of an over 30-year-old portfolio of work in a multitude of industries. Located in Lexington, KY, our firm has a proven track record of great design that highlights our continually fresh ideas supported by the work we do in various industries.
We would love to have you join our team of architects and designers who are driven by the passion to be a forward-thinking team that creates and serves our clients at the highest level. We explore each project with curiosity and keep sustainability, fabrication, and aesthetics in mind while also staying current and innovative in our approach. As Designer, you will work under the specific supervision of Senior Designer, Project Manager, Architects and Principal to draft, model and manifest design.
- Prepares concepts by team members, develop preliminary design concepts, prepare working drawings for new or modified structures incorporating them into a final product in conjunction with other architects, engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrates foresight, and sound judgment in design
- Ability to create modest architectural program
- Creates project standards and guides for architectural activities
- Produces design work per established company and industry standards, methods and procedures within the division
- Participates in project meetings during design and construction activities to represent the firm
- Attends site meetings on occasion
- Prepares graphic and written construction documents
- May perform minor edits specification sections (primarily) to prepare design drawings
- Assesses the requirements of a project and works with the project manager to determine scope of work
- Develops the architectural design based on scope of work preliminary reviews and meetings
- Assists other team members with project documentation including report of meeting notes, RFI, shop drawings etc.
- Reviews proposal requirements, establishes and maintains a formal project review and processes drawings for compliance
- Performs production as part of a project team
- Supports strategic goals of the firm, department, and manager and understands how your actions contribute to them
- Key Success Factors:
- REVIT proficiency. AutoCAD capabilities and knowledge. Can proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel and Blue Beam
- Ability to understand construction assemblies and best practices
- Exhibits “self-starter” characteristics coupled with a track record of completing scheduled projects
- Delivers work product on time
- Exhibits a high sense of personal motivation and urgency
- Documents existing conditions and exhibits an understanding of what information will be needed during design with direction from the lead architect
- Designs construction assemblies using best practices
- Requires occasional travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out of town project locations
- Ideal Education, Registrations and Experience:
- Professional degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- LEED AP is suggested
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience preferred