Design Associate II
At Mason & Hanger, you could call us a pioneer in the production of next generation, high-performance facilities! We provide architectural and engineering (A/E) services specializing in the worldwide design of secure, mission-driven facilities. Our staff is dedicated to finding innovative ways to create dynamic spaces. Think that’s cool? We’ve worked on thousands of projects in over 165 countries as a trusted partner of the U.S. federal government for more than two centuries. We’re building a more secure world. ® Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world!
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Design Associate II, to join our Mason & Hanger team located in Glen Allen, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, or Lexington, KY.
As the Design Associate II here’s the work you’ll do:
- Use advanced knowledge to create and edit drawings (CAD / BIM).
- Use discretion and judgement to mark up and redlining drawings for others
- Quantity take-offs and cost estimate preparation
- Use advanced knowledge to coordinate construction submittals, RFI’s,
- Perform field observations or surveys, measure and record as-built conditions
- Complying with data protection principles while handling personal, protected and / or Covered Defense Information on behalf of Day & Zimmermann. Data Handlers should be trained to follow documented policies, standard operating procedures and secure practices associated with protecting trusted employee and customer data
This role is for you if you have these skills:
- Excellent proficiency with drawing production software regularly used in department (AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation)
- Familiarity on all software, processes, and document preparation requirements typically utilized in department. Developing understanding of design and construction process. Ability to read and understand building drawings.
- Proficiency on all software, processes, and document preparation requirements typically utilized in the department. Advanced understanding of the design and construction process.
- Sound knowledge of regularly used codes and standards within department.
- Position is gaining understanding of the practice of architectural design and developing ability to complete tasks successfully and with progressively less guidance. Growing responsibilities include coordination of work with other disciplines and understanding designing for constructability. Ability to successfully execute tasks with limited guidance
- Must build trusted relationships with department through maintaining ownership for assigned work and delivering efficient and high quality results. Expected to be a proactive learner, responsible to seek out support when needed, identify expectations, check own work output against quality expectations, and pursue opportunities to grow technical capabilities. Maintains professional humility and respect in partnership with all team members in pursuit of overall project success. Is expected to know their own technical limitations and proactively seek out support where needed. Ability to take direction and guidance from more senior staff within department. Data privacy, information security and policy compliance
And if you have these qualifications:
- 5 year Bachelor degree in Architecture or Masters degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited school. LEED GA preferred
- 4+ years experience
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Great attitude and team player.
- Successful completion of drug and background screening process.
In compliance with this state’s pay transparency laws, the salary range for this role is $72,002- $108,002. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. (The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements)