Architectural Associate Position
Bero Architecture is seeking qualified candidates for an Architectural Associate position with our firm. This position is for an unlicensed architecture school graduate or recent graduate with an interest in historic preservation.
GENERAL INFORMATION & BENEFITS
- Annual compensation range: $50,000 – $55,000
- Full-time position: 40 hours per week (paid hourly)
- Paid holiday (7), vacation (12), and sick (5) days
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Field measure and prepare base drawings from field notes.
- Develop design and technical solutions under supervision of project architect.
- Work with associate and senior staff to develop drawings, research materials and detailing.
- Assist with the development of construction documents under the supervision of project architect.
- Assist with contract administration duties under the supervision of an architect including attending project progress meetings, preparing draft meeting minutes, preliminary review of submittals, and drafting responses to RFI’s and change requests.
- Interact with contractors under the supervision of an architect.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
- Working with senior staff on building evaluations to develop an understanding of historic construction assemblies and building science.
- Working with senior staff on historic preservation planning projects including historic tax credits, national register nominations, historic resource surveys, and preservation advocacy.
- Working with design staff on firm marketing materials, graphic design, and public presentations.
- BS in Architecture, B-Arch, or M-Arch from an NAAB Accredited Architectural School.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an Architecture office.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Trimble Sketchup, Rhinoceros, Rendering plugins, and/or Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Letter of intent describing and documenting your interest in historic preservation
- Portfolio and/or samples of recent work
- Two to three professional references
All applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.